1. Serenity prayer.
2. Choose a notetaker.
3. Approval of August minutes https://gaais.org/topic1157
4. Open positions
4A. EGGA co-chair
4B. David volunteers as Friday leader
4C. Wed and Thurs meetings need leaders
5. Rotation of meeting leaders
The spirit of rotation is important for all service positions. What is a reasonable length of service for a meeting leader?
One proposal: Term for a meeting leader is one year, after which the spot is put on the list of open positions. The leader can continue to serve until the spot is filled. They can volunteer again for an open spot one month after stopping.
6. Adding the Traditions to the opening readings
7. Raise hand feature (instead of * in chat)
Motion: To amend the meeting script to say "If you wish to share, please use the Raise Hand feature, found under the Reactions button or More menu. Phone users can dial *9."
Rationale: This would replace using the asterisk which is from the time when meetings were held on Mumble. The raise-hand feature automatically puts people in the order they raised their hand making it easier for the meeting leader to keep track. In addition, people dialing in on the phone can use raise-hand when they do not have access to the chat, making it more inclusive.
8. Electing a second representative to the GSC
9. Group cohesion questions. Should we change this to an annual group inventory?
* Are we carrying the message?
* Is the group stable/growing?
* Do you feel safe in the meetings?
1 post • Page 1 of 1