Group Conscience minutes 2 January 2023
Present: Lori, Andy, Olivia, Steven, Sasha, Tim
1. Meeting beings with the Serenity Prayer and 2nd Tradition Reading
2. Minutes from the previous meeting reviewed and approved unanimously. There was a discussion on maintaining anonymity in meeting minutes to continue with the agreement made when the group conscience was started.
3. Agenda: how do we follow the traditions and folks who don’t follow them, election of a chair, and amendments to the script format
4. Issue with trolls – a few popping up regularly under different names and sending private messages to fellows that interrupt and disrupt folks’. Another person has been in the group for 7 years and been asked repeatedly not to disrupt meetings, make claims of being cured, and claim they are not an addict. There was discussion on the trolls and the additional person who has been with the fellowship for 7 years. Discussion ensued. Motion was made to ban the user who goes by iphone2/iphone3/Sam G./etc. and Morgan F., who have been trolling the meditation meetings, permanently, unless either of them come to the group leadership to request reinstatement. Motion was seconded. The vote was called and passed with 4 votes in agreement, none against, and 1 abstention.
5. Agenda topic 2 – proposal to streamline the announcements and reduce clutter. Motion was made and seconded. No discussion. Vote was called and passed unanimously with 5 votes in agreement and none against.
6. Agenda topic 3 – proposal to find a chair and possibly co-chair for the current 6 months (ending in June). Motion to have Andy chair the February group conscience. Motion seconded. The vote was called and passed unanimously with 5 votes in agreement and none against.
7. Other business?
Someone needs to connect with the other leaders of the group to inform them of the bans and changes. Steven offered to make that announcement.
Close with the Serenity Prayer:
Date of next meeting: Thursday, February 2, 2023.
Amendment: Next group conscience was decided to be held on Monday, February 6, 2023 immediately following the Meditation meeting.
Business discussion, agendas, notes for the Meditation Group
1 post • Page 1 of 1