Meeting Leader Workshop script

Meeting Leader group's script, decisions from the group conscience, as well as other notes that are produced in during the meetings.
LizzieW43

Meeting Leader Workshop script

Post by LizzieW43 »

Agenda specific for the meeting:

Welcome: Welcome to this meeting of Gaming Addicts Anonymous. This is a meeting leader workshop and the goal is to provide a space for existing and prospective meeting leaders to ask questions and share experiences. Is there a volunteer for greeting new people that show up while the meeting is going on?

Closed meeting: This is a closed meeting, meaning that only those who have a problem with gaming are welcome to attend and participate. The meeting is relevant for those who are already leading or are thinking about leading a meeting in GAA.

Meeting etiquette: It is expected that the participants have attended a couple of GAA meetings before and are familiar with meeting etiquette. Unlike in other meetings, constructive cross-talking is okay, for example to answer a specific question or to add to a point made.

Serenity prayer:
Higher Power, Grant me The Serenity
to Accept the things I cannot Change,
the Courage to Change the things I Can,
and the Wisdom to Know the Difference.

Volunteer: Meeting leader asks for a volunteer for being spiritual timekeeper

Topics for the meeting - choice of three

EITHER
Reading from meeting leader handbook (we try to be finished with this part at the halfway point of the meeting): Leader chooses a passage and asks for a volunteer to read. Shares and comments follow.

OR
Topic of the day - to be decided on the basis of recent conversation in the Meeting Leader WhatsApp chat, or questions arising in the main WhatsApp group

OR
Presentation by experienced meeting leader on what they think is important to think about when leading a meeting. It can be general advice or advice specific to what they think GAA needs momentarily. Questions and shares relating to the presentation.
Presenter decides if they want to answer questions one at a time or take a number of questions and then answer them

15 minutes of meeting leader simulation* where three cases prepared by the meeting leader are presented one at a time followed by up to three answers from the room on how to handle such a situation (we try to use the “I” statement and to avoid blatant cross-talk that can lead to a fellow feeling exposed)
*The meeting leader clarifies before starting that “the goal is to simulate an actual meeting and (that) the format and the cases can be triggering for some, and if somebody feels the least uncomfortable, (they) you are free to leave the meeting for a couple of minutes, and (that) it is recommended that anybody who feels uncomfortable will reach out to another fellow to decompress and not keep it inside after the meeting”.

Prayers
May I be gentle with myself today. May I be open to help from higher power and the fellowship, which can lead me to recovery.

Just for today, I accept life on life’s terms. Just for today, I am grateful for all of the blessings in my life.

I seek the serenity that acceptance brings,
the wisdom to distinguish lower desire from higher purpose,
and the courage to act as guided by power greater than myself.

May we have the humility to realize our ignorance, admit our mistakes and recognize our need for higher power. Help us to praise rather than criticize, to empathize rather than to discourage, to build rather than to destroy.

I am responsible: When anyone, anywhere reaches out for help, I want the hand of GAA always to be there. And for that, I am responsible.

Hugs

Anonymity statement
We are an anonymous fellowship, so who you see here, what is said here, when you leave here, let it stay here.

Meeting finished
Last edited by LizzieW43 on Sun May 19, 2024 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LizzieW43

Re: Meeting Leader Workshop script - prepared topics to use

Post by LizzieW43 »

8: A fellow who comes to meetings regularly mentions in their share that they feel like they don't want to admit defeat and that they don't feel like they have a big problem with games and are comfortable with life as it is.
DISCUSSION
---
9: A couple of newcomers arrive in a zoom meeting and you don't recognise their names, but their names look like real people names. How do you approach the situation?
DISCUSSION
---
10:
Similar to the previous situation, but now there are three newcomers and they all have strange names. How do you approach the situation?
DISCUSSION
---
11:
Unclear sound from someone we know is a vulnerable person.
DISCUSSION
---
12:
A newcomer is talking excessively about other addictions and how it's going with those.
DISCUSSION
---
13:
A fellow that we know well is sharing a full minute over their time.
DISCUSSION
---