Twelve step study meeting script 2024

Resources and business discussion, agendas, notes for the Step Study Group
LizzieW43

Twelve step study meeting script 2024

Post by LizzieW43 »

12-Step Study Script https://gaais.org/zoom2
password: 559448

Hello and welcome to the GAA 12-Step Study Meeting. My name is ___________, and I am a grateful, recovering gaming addict.

Is someone willing to serve as the spiritual greeter to greet people as they join the meeting?
Is someone willing to be the spiritual timekeeper?

Let us begin the meeting with the serenity prayer:

Higher Power, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Can someone read the twelve steps of GAA?

[Read the 12 Steps from the Handbook]

Twelve steps of GAA
1. We admitted that we were powerless over gaming addiction, and that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. We came to believe that power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of such power.
4. We made a searching and fearless personal inventory of ourselves.
5. We admitted to ourselves, another human being, and power greater than ourselves the exact nature of our problematic behavior and attitudes.
6. We were entirely ready to have power greater than ourselves completely free us of all these defects of character.
7. We humbly sought from higher power the removal of our shortcomings.
8. We made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. We made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. We sought through practices such as meditation and prayer to improve our conscious contact with power greater than ourselves, seeking only knowledge of what to do and the strength to do so.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to gaming addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Thank you.

We are working through the twelve steps together this year using various resources from GAA, other 12-step fellowships, outside resources and each other. The study will include a combination of reading, writing, sharing, and discussing. There will be ‘homework’ to do between each meeting. Sharing isn’t required, but I encourage you to do so to your comfort level. In my experience, the more we put in, the more we take out.

This study doesn’t replace having a sponsor; if you have not yet done so, we encourage you to look for one. For this study, we would also suggest you look for a recovery buddy or another person you trust to pair up with so that you have someone with whom to share your writing.
In this meeting we ask that you refrain from mentioning specific games, or game-related equipment and platforms, as this may be triggering for other video game addicts.

If you would like to share during the meeting, we would be grateful if you would use the raise hand feature on Zoom, as this helps us know who is up next. You can find this under the “More” button at the bottom of your screen.

Homework
Let us start by sharing on the homework for last week, which was:
[Homework from last week will have been posted in the group]

Share time:
[2-3 minute shares if up to 10 people]
[Can reduce to 90 seconds if 12 - 18 people]

Time to stretch!

We generally do either a writing exercise on a question from the current step and then read our writing to the group afterwards, or we read an explanation of the step and discuss it together. Do people have a preference this week? Is there an issue from the reading that people would like to discuss more instead?

Writing exercise

We will write on a question for 5 minutes, and then have time to share.
Will the timekeeper please let people know when there's 30 seconds to go? Thank you.
[5 minutes]
Okay, that's five minutes. Just finish up the sentence you are on, and we can have 2-3 minutes for shares.
Who would like to share first?
[2-3-minute shares] until 5 to.

Reading:
So we will read this section today. Who would like to read the first paragraph?
Would anyone like to share on this topic?
Share until 5 to.

Homework:
If you have time and would like to do some homework, you are welcome to look at:
____________________________.

Next week we will be feeding back on the homework and any new insights that have come from this.

7th Tradition: Each GAA group ought be fully self-supporting, declining outside
contributions. We have no dues or fees. If you are a member and would like to help with expenses, please visit our http://cgaa.info/self-support webpage.

If you are interested in finding a recovery buddy and offer outreach support please feel free to post your contact information in the chat.

Let us end with a moment of silence for the still suffering video game addict, followed by the prayer from our current step:

Step 4 prayer

Higher power, my life is unmanageable. I need your guidance. Help me to make a searching and fearless inventory of myself today. Show me the way. Hold me throughout and give me strength. Help me to clear the wreckage of the past so I can step forwards with confidence and freedom.

Our Principle of Anonymity:

Who you see here, what you hear when you leave here, please let it stay here.

Hugs.

The meeting is now over. Please feel free to unmute and chat amongst yourselves.