- Serenity prayer
- Request for note taker
- Establishment of Quorum (need ⅔ of registered representatives per the GSC Charter)
- Approval of December Minutes https://gaais.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3796#p3796
- Incorporation Committee Report
- Webmaster Report
- Literature Committee Report
- Treasurer Report - Selection of Treasurer
1. Guidelines for writing about higher power: This item was approved 8-0 at the September meeting with no requirement to send this out to the groups. The current question is whether or not to revisit that decision. https://gaais.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1067
2. Further literature publishing decisions regarding format(s) to publish the Handbook.
A. Do we want to discuss these logistical details (which in the future will be handled by GAAIS) here in GSC, or create a subcommittee?
B. (If here in GSC) Do we want to list the book with booksellers? If so, do we want to publish as paperback, e-book, or both?
3. Co-chair. Do we want a co-chair position, someone who can (1) sub for the chair, (2) take notes, and (3) possibly rotate into the chair position.
4. Changes to core writings like the steps, traditions, GSC charter, and mission statement: GSC decided a while back to consider creating guidelines around how often and when this sort of process happens because we don't want to put it on the GSC agenda and revisit wording every time any single member says they prefer some other word choice. https://gaais.org/topic1112
5a. Basic text project.
From policy: "If the GSC has not previously decided whether the topic and form (e.g. pamphlet, webpage, flier, book, etc) are appropriate and helpful, the GSC now decides whether or not to move forward with this process. If the GSC is in favor of publishing the proposed piece and running the literature approval process in the future, GSC decides on an Editor or leaves it to Lit Com to choose one. The Editor handles all basic editing, style, and organization."
5b. Review and acceptance of project definition. https://gaais.org/basic-text
6. Inquiry handlers. Does GSC want to be involved in approval of people who answer inquiries? (We have several recent volunteers.) If not, does GSC want to formally create an Outreach Committee that handles such things?
Our next regular meeting is 12 March 2023
Closing Affirmation and Adjournment