Houston Meetings

Business topics for local face-to-face meetings or meetups
NicholasR

Houston Meetings

Post by NicholasR »

Hello all,

Houston is, some say, the recovery capital of the world.
We have an incredibly strong AA fellowship here- heck, AA, NA, SLAA, any anonymous 12 step program you can think of- but not gaming.

We have tremendous resources for fighting the disease of alcoholism- the medical center, universities and researchers, great rehabilitation centers, and I think a lot of that power can be invested in helping people to get off of games.

I'm hoping another sober gaming addict shows up in Houston so that we can start a meeting here. I can't wait for that next level of CGAA to take off.
LearningSerenity

Houston Meetings

Post by LearningSerenity »

I know there's at least one of us in Texas, but I'm not sure how close she is to Houston. You could look at the face-to-face link on the info site...maybe you'll see what you're looking for there.
Orchid

Houston Meetings

Post by Orchid »

There's someone who used to be pretty active but hasn't been around in a few months who lives in Houston. If he reemerges, I'll mention that there's someone else interested in a local meeting. There was a Dallas meeting for a while, but that's not so close to Houston.
NicholasR

Houston Meetings

Post by NicholasR »

Thanks all. I will look into AA's resources on starting a meeting although I don't know when I'd do so. Will check out what you all have posted.