Third Annual CGAA Meetup May 19-22

Business topics for local face-to-face meetings or meetups
Scott

Post by Scott »

The houses are rented. I paid the $1459, half on my credit card, so please please send your payment as soon as you can. See http://forum.cgaa.info/topic1309.html

Main big house: https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3967753
Second smaller house: https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3637402

hirshthg

Post by hirshthg »

Scott

Post by Scott »

We have 13 beds and 7 BYOM (bring your own mattress) spots.
Scott

Post by Scott »

So, here's an update on progress...

One renter wants licenses for the six people I told her would be staying in the smaller house. I've only collected five so far (including my own) and haven't sent them yet, so we do not have that house rented yet. (I thought it was a done deal when I entered my credit card info a couple of weeks back.)

But now that some extra time has gone by and I've heard from a few more people, and two people who might have come the first weekend in May can't make the third weekend, I'm starting to doubt we'll need the second house. I don't want to get it if we'll have less than 13 people. There is enough space, including couches and floors, to sleep 12 people at the bigger house, like we've done in years past.

Unless I hear that more people are coming, it seems we may have as few as 10 people. So I'm going to hold off on getting that second house for now. If we get three more people committed to coming, I'll book it (if it's still available.)
Orchid

Post by Orchid »

I'm coming. 3 nights, prefer a bed. I just made plane reservations.
NicholasR

Post by NicholasR »

I'm going. I'm staying for 3 nights. It'll be BYOM for me.
NicholasR

Post by NicholasR »

For getting a ride from and to the airport, what airport should I try to fly into and what time? I haven't bought a plane ticket yet.
hirshthg

Post by hirshthg »

NicholasR wrote:For getting a ride from and to the airport, what airport should I try to fly into and what time? I haven't bought a plane ticket yet.

I know that Newark Liberty International Airport is an hour and a half by car from Pocono Pines, PA. I don't know if there is a closer, major, international airport closer. Philadelphia International Airport is closer to two hours away.
Scott

Post by Scott »

The house we rented is in Lackawaxen, PA, which is northeast of where we stayed the past two years. My plans for the other houses fell through, probably for the best.

The post at the start of this thread has updated info and directions.
Shmuly

Post by Shmuly »

I want to reserve 3 nights BED . Is it too late?