Annual May Meetup survey

Business topics for local face-to-face meetings or meetups
Scott

Annual May Meetup survey

Post by Scott »

Interested in attending the annual CGAA meetup in May? Please take this survey to help determine the time and place. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CWBRDG3

Four questions, just takes a minute.
Janice_H

Annual May Meetup survey

Post by Janice_H »

Any chance Holy Name Retreat Center in Houston, Texas can be added to the list?  It hosts many 12 step retreats.
Scott

Annual May Meetup survey

Post by Scott »

hi Janice, I added Texas to the list.

If anyone wants to re-take the survey, let me know, I'll delete your entry.
Scott

Annual May Meetup survey

Post by Scott »

Results so far at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-NMDHDF8N8/

Because of the high interest in a California meetup, we're talking about possibly holding a June California meetup as well as a May NY/PA meetup.
Janice_H

Annual May Meetup survey

Post by Janice_H »

If you're talking to this first graph (as pasted in this forum post), I'm afraid it is misleading because of the small numbers.

At this point in time 20 people have answered.  The graph is for the following question:
"How do these locations suit you for the Fourth Annual CGAA Meetup?"  I'm not sure of all the factors in the data for this graph, but when you hover over the colored lines, the actual numbers are:
Pennsylvania: 2
Ohio: 2
New York: 2
Virginia: 2
Colorado: 1
California: 2
Texas: 2
Europe: 1

Scott, unless you're talking to information not shown , California and Pennsylvania do not really "stick out" as "high interest".  Am I missing something?  Unless the survey is closed, your message could bias survey results.
Scott

Annual May Meetup survey

Post by Scott »

Hi Janice,

I saw those "1" and "2" numbers and I think they're a rounded-off weighted average.  They're not the number of votes.  We've had 20 people respond so far and everyone can vote on all locations.  A vote for "Very well" counts as 3 points, while "Not at all" counts as 0, and the others are in between.  The weighted average is an average of those points.

The group will make decisions on the meetup (or meetups) at the next business meeting.  The survey is just a guide.

The reason I said that Pennsylvania is a likely location is because past meetups were there, close to New York, major airports, and where several members live, and we always have a lot of votes for New York as a location.
Janice_H

Annual May Meetup survey

Post by Janice_H »

Ah, ok, thank you for the explanation!
MollySSS

Annual May Meetup survey

Post by MollySSS »

Has a decision been made about the time/location of the May meetup? I didn't go to the last business meeting so I don't know. I am planning a May meditation trip so knowing the CGAA meetup would be nice. 
Scott

Annual May Meetup survey

Post by Scott »

hi Molly

Short answer: May 4-6 in eastern Pennsylvania, with carpooling to/from airports around New York City.

Long answer:
We only had four people at the business meeting so we didn't resolve anything there.

The survey seems clear on which weekend is most desirable: May 4-6.  I'd like to have the meetup then so that more people can come.

On the location, we could hold it in PA/NY, Virginia, Texas, or California.  There will be a second gathering in California in June, so it doesn't make sense to have the May meetup there.  PA/NY is the most accessible to the most people, and it's not too far a drive for folks around Virginia.  The other reasonable option is Texas.

My proposal for after this year will be that we start this process in November, looking for groups who are willing to organize it in their area.  Each group submits their proposal (cost, location, dates, type of lodging) and then we pick one in a group conscience meeting.

For this year, it's late to be starting that kind of process.  With the meetup only three months away, I think we should do it the same way we've done it in past years.
MollySSS

Annual May Meetup survey

Post by MollySSS »

Okay, I will be meditating during that time and PA is too far away for me. I will likely attend the June California gathering, and would happy to help organize that when it's time.